AQx Aquatic Training Shoes
Order online or call now:
Mail orders and superstore location
Shoes are meant to be a snug fit, so if you are half size, we recommend you round DOWN.
AQx Intelligent Training Exercises
Shallow Water : Hi-Knee Runs, Jump Splits, Carioca, Ski Bumps
Deep Water (using a buoyancy device): Cross Country Running, Cross Country Skiing
How Best to Utilize the Power of AQx Shoes For Deep Water Running
Please keep in mind, when ordering, that since your foot doesn't need to "flatten out" to absorb force in the water, our shoes should fit more like a racing flat or spike. We want to make sure that the shoe fits you properly and gives you the feel that we want you to enjoy.
1. Please try to find an adequate amount of buoyancy. You may check this by finding where your chin is relative to the water (it should be approx. 1-4" above the water). This is an important aspect of providing a comfortable posture that enhances your ability to run in an "open gait" pattern that will allow you to run with the right range of motion.
2. Maintain a slight forward lean at your hips and pretend that you are running fairly fast up a slight incline. If you sit too far back on your hips, your overall stride pattern will be very limited. In fact, it is likely that you will look and feel more like you are "stair-stepping" or riding a bike.
3. Arms should be like they are on land (in general). Although, it is likely that you may want to use them slightly more vigorously than on land.
4. Try to imagine pushing off of the bottom of the pool when your foot is under you. Generally, this requires a kind of "pawing" action that best mimics what you do on land.
5. You should feel a bit of a stretch at the hip when your leg is extended back toward the wall behind you. This feeling can act as a cue to your body to remember to keep your gait pattern open; not "overstriding" however.
6.In general, your gait pattern will look and feel a bit more like a "race pace" or interval type of range of motion. The great thing about this is that when you get out of the pool, your legs will actually feel like they accomplished the work instead of the more commonly reported "my arms got tired".
7. Lastly, the shoe was designed to give a subtle amount of resistance without over-shooting by providing too much drag, which could invite problems. Please keep in mind though, that over time this subtle amount will provide you with plenty of work. Furthermore, it is not unlike decreasing the mass of a racing shoe to allow for less work to be accomplished and thus a better performance; except that we are hitting this idea from the other end of the continuum. The shoe provides a bit more resistance, that either over time or done faster, will provide an excellent, more specific, type of workout.
"When introduced to the AQX WaterTraining Shoe I became a believer immediately. As a former professional baseball player, I am acutely aware of the demands we put on our body in an effort to stay in shape. Even as I've retired from baseball, the day to day wear and tear I put on my body to remain in condition has lead to both soreness and injury. Being in the water with these shoes, I was amazed at the quality of my workout without putting all the pounding on the legs. Right away I could see the many applications for all people in all walks of life.
I was so impressed with these shoes that I have become a partner in the company, and hope many others will see the benefits of the AQX Intelligent Training System."
Scott Brosius...AQx Managing Partner
Former New York Yankess World Series MVP & Gold Glove Winner
One of my staff members is a fellow coach and was a top runner in his day (13:33 for 3 miles) and he is rehabing after hernia surgery, and he loved them.
Another of my staff members runs track and field/Cross Country at Harvard (she's got a 15:42 5k PR) loved them and bought a pair from me so she could continue to use them in her training (her goal is to win NCAA's this year).
I'm very pleased to have had the AQx Shoes for the runners to use and benefit from. They were a great addition to our camp program."
"The AQX Deep Water Training Shoes helped get me back quickly into competitive race mode after my knee surgery back in March. AQX Sports has an innovative product that works. Just last week I raced competitively with great success and part of my training for this race, both in swimming and running, was spent using the AQX shoes. With what looks like a shoe with gills, the AQX shoes provide a perfect amount of resistance to fire the muscle groups I want to work. I would recommend them to anyone for effective training, rehab, and recovery."
Emilio De Soto
"I have been a professional runner since I graduated from Linfield College in 1996. During that time, I have suffered many running related and over use injuries. My main source of exercise while injured has been aqua jogging. I have tried everything from barefoot running, old training shoes to even basketball shoes.
comes close to the shoes that Dr. Killgore and AQX Sports developed. I
am able to focus on keeping my land running gait pattern while getting
my target heart rate up. The one thing that I can say about the deep
water running shoes is that they make my time in the pool much more
productive and I enjoy the experience of being in the pool a lot more
now. Since my fourth Achilles tendon surgery I have been using the
shoes and they will now be a part of my weekly training as I prepare
for the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing."
"As an elite college and professional miler (and former Run America Club Member), I have put thousands of miles on my feet. The type of training it takes to break the four minute mile is grueling. I have had my share of aches and pains. Those pains usually require stepping off the trails for a while and getting in the pool. I had to maintain my fitness, but I loathed pool workouts. The reason I disliked this type of cross training is that I had to work my body so much harder in the pool to reach my desired heart rate. When I did get my heart rate high enough, the running form in the pool never matched my running form on the road. It was impossible to get my pool running to feel like my real running. Impossible that is, until now. The AQx Deep Water Running Shoe has changed everything!"
American to break 4 minutes in the mile.