Better Basketball Better Free Throws Video
Better Free Throws Overview:
- Develop your entire FT progression; from shooting mechanics to mental preparation.
- A chapter dedicated to those FT drills that will burn the techniques into your game.
- 1 hour, 42 minutes.
- Hall of Famer Rick Barry teaches his underhanded FT technique on the court with a young player.
- Build an effective ritual to keep you calm and confident at the line.
- Pro European footage illustrates techniques and FT situations in live games.
90% from the Line DVD – Key Facts
- Successful FT shooting relies just as much on mental preparation as mechanical preparation. Better Free Throws covers all aspects of the Free Throw progression from the moment you get fouled until the ball splashes through the net.
- The ritual defines a great Free Throw. Coach Torbett details exactly how to construct a perfect ritual so that you can step up to the line with confidence every time.
- This DVD gives you all the information you need, but to see that information translate into success in a live game requires practice and dedication. Chapters 11 and 12 gives you 8 drills to integrate into your practice sessions, but you have to supply the time and sweat.
- A complete section with Hall of Famer Rick Barry, who shot 90% from the line throughout his NBA career.
1 hour, 42 minutes! – What’s on the DVD?
- Better Free Throws contains 12 chapters divided into 3 sections: first, the 4 prerequisites to shooting from the line; second, the 3 steps to actually making the FT; third, practice drills and practice thoughts.
- European pro footage (FIBA and ULEB) is incorporated to illustrate the video’s techniques.
- Rick Barry details the mechanics behind his famously successful underhanded free throw, first in a sit down interview with Coach Torbett, then on the court with a young player. The Hall-of-Famer closed out the final 6 years of his NBA career shooting 92.5% from the line.
- Like all the Better Basketball videos, Better Free Throws was written, professionally filmed, and edited with precise graphics to make learning its techniques easy and entertaining. The ultimate goal, however, is to help dedicated players reach their own goals and hopefully 90% from the stripe.
About the Video
- The rising obsession with the 3-point shot and the dunk has relegated the mid-range shot, especially the Free Throw, to the background. Because of this, FT percentages throughout the various levels of the sport have taken a nosedive.
- Still, a shockingly high number of games are decided by less than 5 points. What if your team shot 10% better from the line? How many more games would you win? How many more points would you score? Better Free Throws can lead you there.
Quantity in Basket: