Rowing is widely known to be one of the best all around activities for cardiovascular fitness and strength. Rowing is a total body workout that is efficient, effective, low-impact and utilizes all major muscle groups including the back, legs, arms, abdominals and buttocks. It is one of the best exercises for building a strong back, as well as one of the most effective low-impact aerobic exercises for increasing your metabolism for more efficient calorie and fat burning without the impact on your joints.
The Stamina® 1205 Precision Rower Rowing Machine mimics the smooth motion of rowing on the water with a padded seat that glides on a ball bearing roller system, rowing arms whose resistance is adjusted by hydraulic cylinders, and foam grips that keep hands stable and comfortable.
The 1205 Precision Rower is compact and portable, with a footprint of only 32.5• x 48• and weight of 47 pounds, yet is well-made for years of strength and aerobic training. The multifunctional fitness monitor keeps you motivated and on track to reach your fitness goals showing speed, distance, time, stroke count, and calories burned during your workout.
The continuous, non-impact movement of rowing can be broken down into three phases: the starting point is called the catch phase, followed by the drive phase, the finish, and recovery.
In the catch phase, knees are bent with shins vertical and shoulders and arms reaching forward. This phase mimics the point where the oars are being placed in the water. The drive phase is initiated by the legs. As they extend, arms remain straight until the knees are mostly extended, then the elbows flex bringing the oar handles into the upper stomach.
In the finish, the legs are fully extended, shoulders are back, elbows are flexed, and the oar handle is against the upper stomach. For the recovery, the knees don't flex until after the hands pass over knees as the arms and shoulders reach forward to begin Catch Phase again.
Because rowing is an impact-free activity, it can be a lifelong form of exercise. It is always best to exercise in your target heart rate zone (70% to 85% of your maximum heart rate).
- Precision extruded aluminum beam
- Deluxe ball bearing roller system
- Smooth hydraulic cylinder action
- Adjustable tension controls
- Single button multi-function monitor shows speed, distance, time, row count, calories burned, and miles rowed
- Comfortable, thick padded seat
- Pivoting foot plates for added comfort
- Assembled size: 48" long x 32.5" wide x 27.75" high
- Weight: 47 lbs.
Additional Product Information:
- Recommended use: Use the Precision Rower in your home for a low impact workout that strengthens all major muscle groups
- Material: Aluminum beam, steel frame
- Product color(s): Silver
- Resistance: Adjustable tension
- Comfort elements: Thick padded seat, pivoting foot plates
- Targeted training: Improves caridiovascular fitness and strenghtens all major muscle groups
- Includes: Stamina 1205 Precision Rower, owner's manual
- Assembly: Some assembly required
- Warranty information: 5 years frame, 90 days parts